Friday, August 3, 2007

Our Anniversary

Today is a very special anniversary for me but first I have to backtrack. I grew up as a luke warm Catholic but shortly after I turned thirteen something amazing happened. It was saturday morning and I was flipping through channels. Suddenly I stopped turning channels because I recognized a certain cartoon's opening credits. The show was called, "In the Beginning." I remember watching an episode of it in my sixth grade religion class the year before. For some reason I decided to watch the show. I discovered that the channel that was called EWTN which was and still is a passionately Catholic network. As time passed I watched the channel regularly and I converted from luke warm to on fire for the faith. I discovered a whole new world that had been right in front of me the whole time.

Now this is where the anniversary comes in. Several months after randomly finding EWTN, I had a dream that I hope I'll never forget. I was in one of EWTN's shows called, "The Story Keepers." "The Story Keepers" is an animated series about the first century Christians who were persecuted for their faith. The characters risk their lives to pass on the Gospel stories. I definitely recommend this series! Anyway, I found myself at the foot of The Cross but The Lord hadn't died yet. I noticed that St. Peter stood next to me. He asked The Lord how this could be happening and how could he ever follow Him now. Christ was saddened by what he said because it sounded as if he was leaving Him. Somehow I mustered up the courage to speak. I said something along the lines of, "Lord, no matter how bad things get I will never leave You. I say this because I love You." He smiled and looked at me with such love.

Today is the five year anniversary of the first time I told Jesus that I loved Him. Thinking about the dream gives me comfort during trying times in my faith life. When was the last time you told Jesus that you loved Him?